Intimate Partner Violence Comes in Many Forms
Keeping a partner from spiritual or cultural practices is an often overlooked form of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence on the Rise Since the Pandemic
New studies confirm Native Americans are diagnosed with COVID-19 at a much higher rate, compounding disproportionate domestic violence numbers.
Five Facts About Violence Against AI/AN Women and Men
1. Most American Indian and Alaska Native adults are victims of violence.
2. Men and women are victimized at similar rates but in different ways.
3. Victimization rates are higher for American Indians and Alaska Natives.
4. American Indian and Alaska Native female victims are more likely to need services, but they are less likely to have access to those services.
5. For American Indians and Alaska Natives, interracial violence is more prevalent than intraracial violence.
Free Training Opportunities
The VSP staff facilitates free education and awareness presentations around a variety of topics. Some of these include:
Native American Cultural Awareness
Intimate Partner Domestic Violence
Child Sexual Abuse
Teen Dating Violence